Enabling bioproduction of feed, chemicals and fuels from carbon waste
FeedstocksUnited develops a completely new technology concept enabling sustainable bioproduction of feed, chemicals and fuels without relying on sugar as the feedstock.
The vision of FeedstocksUnited is that via 1,3,5-trioxane non-food, one-carbon compounds like methane, methanol, syngas and CO2 can be converted into a range of bioproducts at industrial scale in a technically feasible and economic manner.
Our patented technology enables utilization of trioxane in existing industrial fermentations as if it were sugar.
- Enabling technology for bioproduction of feed, chemicals and fuels on the basis of trioxane.
- Bacterial degradation of trioxane has been established by FeedstocksUnited which was a hitherto unknown microbial process.
- Genes and their enzymes in the oxygen-independent degradation of trioxane have been identified.
- Genes can be transferred into a broad range of existing production strains.
- Trioxane can be derived chemically from non-food one-carbon (C1) compounds including methane, syngas, methanol, formaldehyde and CO2.
- Trioxane consequently allows for carbon capture in bioproduct formation. It permits sustainably production without relying on sugar as the feedstock.
- The physical properties of trioxane match those of sugar thus overcoming the formidable challenges related to direct fermentation of C1-compounds.
- Trioxane has the same oxidation/reduction level as sugar.